Darwin’s Natural Pet Products
Symptoms for pet and human alike will include loss of appetite, vomiting, fever, lethargy and diarrhea. Disinfect all countertops, utensils and food/water dishes to prevent cross-contamination.
The following Natural Selections products, each in two-pound packages, were recalled:
• Duck Meals for Cats (Date 06/01/17, Lot #38277)
• Turkey with Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs (Date 08/24/17, Lot #39937)
• Turkey Meals for Dogs – 2 lb. package (Date 08/24/17, Lot #39937)
• Turkey Meals for Dogs – 2 lb. package (Date 09/20/17, Lot #40507)
• Duck with Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs (Date 09/29/17, Lot #40487)
• Chicken with Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs (Date 09/26/17, Lot #40727)
Darwin’s Natural Pet Products is a direct-to-door delivery service company based in Tukwila, Washington. The recalled products were shipped in September and October and a affected customers were contacted directly.
Over the past 14 months, the company has recalled more than 23 tons its cat and dog food products due to salmonella or listeria contamination.
Evanger’s Dog & Cat Food
Evanger’s also recently issued a partial recall for the 12-ounce cans of its Hunk of Beef products due to the discovery of the barbiturate pentoarbital in a sample of its Hunk of Beef Au Jus. A known sedative often used to euthanize pets, pentoarbital is found to cause drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, loss of balance, excitement and possibly death if ingested by a pet. Details as to exact recalled lots are still to be distributed, but pet owners are urged to use caution in feeding these products to their pets.
If you suspect that your pet might be affected by salmonella poisoning or pentoarbital toxicity, CVA keeps its hospital in Valley Stream open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, including all major holidays. For more information about CVA or to make an appointment, call (516) 825-3066 or visit us online at www.centralvets.com.